We are currently seeking an experienced field engineer (tier 2) with workstation, server, network device, firewall, and server application support and administration experience. You will be joining a team of highly dedicated IT professionals that thrive in new challenges and exceeding customer expectations. Our company provides many opportunities for growth and variety of work.
The Job Entails
- Resolve issues/incidents that have been escalated to the field tier 2 team by the help desk or other internal teams.
- Resolve system and network issues including: performance degradations, outages, and security incidents.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain WAN, LAN, and wireless connectivity including: firewalls, switches, point-to-point wireless, wireless/wireless mesh, WAN load balancing, and network related security measures.
- Provide server support for various Microsoft products including: servers, databases, email, and cloud.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP/SIP telephony solutions.
- Remote/branch office access solution implementation and support including: SSL VPN, IPSEC, Remote Desktop Services, and Citrix.
- Provide recurring on-site maintenance and end-user support.
- Manage multiple issues concurrently with time-efficient, successful results.
- Effectively track ticket/task updates and time in ticketing system.
- Design and update technical documentation for both internal use and customer facing needs.
- Regular communication with customers including: keeping them informed of incident progress, upcoming changes or pre-approved outages, and other related events.
- Taking support calls live for immediate triage as necessary.
- At least 3 years of experience in an IT support role or related area.
- Windows 7/10 experience is required.
- Windows Server 2008/R2, Windows Server 2012/R2, and Windows Server 2016 experience is required.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory including Group Policy, Exchange, and Office 365 experience is required.
- Advanced network troubleshooting skills and experience required including: OSI network layer understanding and issue determination, LAN/WAN diagnostics, DNS/DHCP troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, wireless/mesh/point-to-point, IPSEC is required.
- Familiarity with SAN/NAS (iSCSI/NFS) concepts, technologies, and implementations is required.
- Experience with malware/ransomware remediation is required.
- Familiarity with anti-virus, web/email filtering, IPS, full disk encryption is required.
- Experience working with technology inside of compliance frameworks such as PCI, HIPAA, GLBA, and NIST 800-171 is a huge plus.
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere/vCenter experience is a huge plus.
- Cisco networking, Sophos Firewall, SonicWall, Meraki, Ubiquiti networking experience is a huge plus.
- Experience working with AutoTask is a huge plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to easily and quickly switch between tasks if necessary is required.
- No formal education requirements.
- No formal training/certification requirements.
Things to Know
DataPrivia was voted a “Best of” company in 8 different categories in 2018 and we are seeking an experienced field engineer to join our managed services group. If you are excellent at what you do, yet humble in your approach when working with customers and coworkers, we want to talk to you.
The ideal candidate is someone who is effective in working both in team situations and solo on tickets and tasks. We are looking for highly motivated, committed individuals who are eager to learn, grow, and thrive in a field engineer role. Opportunities exist for horizontal and vertical movement.
This job is in Lynchburg, Virginia. Work-from-home/telecommute is not available for this position.
This position is only open to direct applicants. Recruiters and technology service companies should not contact DataPrivia in regard to this position or related services.
Job Types Currently Available
- Part-Time – Hourly
- Full Time – Hourly
- Full Time – Salary
Job Types To-Become Available
Salary, Pay, & Benefits
- Hourly Pay Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time Position Benefits
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Vacation/Sick Leave: Commensurate with Experience and Time with the Company